Saturday, April 12, 2008

Kiddos

This week I started my peds rotation. After the last month of Eternal medicine, I thought I could no longer enjoy being a medical student and going into the hospital. I was wrong.

Pediatrics has lifted my soul. Every day this week I was excited to go into clinic and do anything from well child check ups on 4 day old kiddos to 16 year olds with pink eyes (oh and a burning pain while urinating). I haven't felt this good to be doing something since being in an OR, and I am not getting yelled at by anyone!

Oh and I call kids, kiddos. A fourth year once told me that if you have a "positive kiddo sign" (meaning you use the word kiddos instead of kid or child) then you're most likely going into peds.
Well, I hate to continue to contradict myself, but I am back to thinking emergency peds might be my route of choice.

No comments: