Monday, September 21, 2009

being a (good) teenager....

I recently saw a 16 year old boy who was super awesome. He was a talker. I mean I asked him how school was going, and I think I got a 10 minute response. Straight. Without pauses. Loved it! It sorta reminded me of myself when I realized someone was listening. Now I dont even need people to listen...

Anyway, after kicking mom out to do the genital exam and HEADDSSS exam (Home--are they safe?, ETOH use, Activities besides watching the tube, Drugs,Depression, Suicide, Sex, Smoking) he said, "yeah they asked me if I wanted a female or a male doctor. And I was like, come on! I am 16 year old boy. My hormones are screaming 'Female! Female! Female!' But I'm more mature than that, so I told them either one is fine. Because it is."

Then he immediately followed it with "are we gonna talk about sex now??" I said, "Well that is one of the topics I'd like to cover." When asked if he was having sex his response was "I dont really think of it as having sex. Its called making love for a reason. And I am not in love. So not really making it either."

CLASSIC.

1 comment:

PGYx said...

Can I adopt him? I mean, once I get a job and all. :-)