Thursday, September 6, 2007

priceless

Today I got the pleasure of checking a 50 yr old man for a inguinal herina. He walked into the room, told resident and myself how he had squamous cell carcinoma removed from his penis several years ago and now he has a few enlarged lymph nodes in the groin area. He happily dropped trout to show us his inguinal herina ---which he excitedly showed us how he can make it go in and out---and the lymph nodes. My attending entered the room at this point and made some comment about how he was probably the life of the parties with this hernia. My resident taking his quirky attitude a bit far called it a "little party favor". Just when I wasn't sure if I should leave the room so they could all talk sizes, the patient exclaimed, "This is the only time I ever wear underwear! To come to the doctors office, I mean." My attending replied with "Thank god for that," and then walked out of the room.

We then scheduled the man for an inguinal herina repair and lymph node biopsy in October.

No comments: