Sunday, December 30, 2007

holidays

Wow! It has been awhile. Being the lucky student I am, we get 3 weeks off for the holidays. Oh how I will miss this once I become a resident.

Seeing as this is my only time to travel, I visited my college town for a few days. It was great to be back, walking down the hallway of the science buildings. When I got to the floor where I did research, I looked at the large posters of the project I was working on. I was working on the makings of a bio-sensor which could be used against the chemical warfare that had picked up when I was in college. Looking at all the organic chemistry and equations, I felt a rush of gratitude: I am out of that hell. Medicine may not be as hard core as biochemistry in terms of "science" but dealing with people instead of pipettes makes me really happy.

Of course having a break gives me time to reflect on the past year and think of where I am to go next. We're starting to plan our fourth year and although I am nervous about committing to one type of medicine, it is also really exciting. In terms of abroad programs I'm looking to go back to Ecuador and finally visit Ireland. Get the passport out!!!

I'm off to NYC for New Years. My favorite thing is watching that ball drop so where else could I get a better view??

Be safe and Happy New Year!!

No comments: