Thursday, September 4, 2008

off it went

www.cartoonstock.com/lowres/jkn0020l.jpg
I submitted my application for residency last night (AGHHH!!) and I am freaking out (AGHHH!!). I tried drinking a beer after submitting, but in all honesty---it didn't help. So I might go towards heavy drugs---like chocolate.....

I wasn't going to submit until next week (I'm still waiting for a couple of letters of rec) but after talking to the Peds Residency Director---it changed my whole outlook. It was a simple run in---we both happened to grab our lunch at the same time. He is super friendly so he asked me how I was doing and what rotation I'm on, etc etc. Just plesant chat until we hit the elevator. Thats when he asked if I submitted yet. I said, I was working up the courage. Thats when he mentioned that he already had 250 applicants. 250!!! The option to apply was only open for 30 hours at that point and he already had 250?!!?! So I went home and stared at my computer until I finally hit enter. And off it went.

So I've checked my email about 30 times today in hopes to have an interview request. But no such luck. The worst part is you can look up who has downloaded your application. Several have downloaded it. Still no interview requests. AGHHHHH

No comments: