Thursday, May 7, 2009

Considerations

I like to travel. Roadtrip, long flight, bus--no problem. I like getting all my things situated into the car, plane, bus and then listening to music, reading, sleeping. Just enjoying the ride.

I do not like airports. Its a holding situation for me. I can't really get situated yet because I'm not going anywhere, and as soon as I try to get comfortable, they're gonna call my seat number to board and I'll have to gather everything up. So I sit in this semi-anxious situation, just waiting for them to call me so I can really get comfortable and get a move on to where ever I am going.

I have the same feelings towards buying a house. The inspection process is just like me sitting in the airport. I am so ready to get moved in, get situated, put my towels in the linen closet. But that readiness/anxious feeling may mean that I am over looking serious issues that are going on with the road ahead.

I found out today that the house may need a new roof. The pipes are pretty old as well. The two things I really didn't want to deal with when buying a house. We're talking a huge cost at some point. Or maybe not.

So do I just jump in with the first classers even though I know I will be pushed into economy and possibly out of the plane just because I wanna get on the road so badly? Or should I really stand by, and see if another house will come my way.....

1 comment:

Ladyk73 said...

hm...I bought a house a few years ago. My advise with the inspection process. If the inspector sees evidence of leaks (for the roof) that is bad. If the inspector states that the roof is close to it's "wareout" date, that is bad. With the pipes: Is the water pressure good? Sewers working well? I have copper in some places and it sucks. I have old sewer pipes and they work great.