Sunday, June 28, 2009

birthday

A year ago I spent my birthday in one of my favorite vacation spots in the US: Lake Tahoe. I was surrounded by a group of fabulous ladies and it was possibly the best birthday of my life. I ran an amazing 10 mile trail race (although I got lost and added an extra mile to it) two days before my birthday. I went kayaking. We laid out on the lake shore. AMAZING is all I can really say.

This year, I turn 27 and I have to say the birthday will be completely opposite of last. My birthday marks the first day of residency (well, for most programs) and thus I will spend 12 hours of it in the hospital (doing more orientation) and I will attempt to round up ANYONE who would be willing to grab a beer. And although it won't be a bad night--I love birthdays and I dont believe they could ever truly be "bad"--it will be different. Instead of being surrounded by people I know, for the majority I will be surrounded by people I am desperately trying to get to know.

I am to have a birthday party filled with those I met about a week ago.

So I guess this goes back to a previous post---I LOVE YOU AND MISS YOU GUYS!!!!!!!!

1 comment:

smallsdart said...

Miss you too!!! Tahoe was a complete blast...what a great girls trip. Relive Napa 2010!