Wednesday, August 1, 2007

Christmas came early

my first real ER patient was Santa. I was there for a neuro consult but I had the feeling he just needed to know what to fill my stocking with. He had a full beard and a jolly laugh...he was early this year----i mean he should be up in the north pole planning my gifts..but i guess the cold weather does get old.....he had tattooes all over his body and was missing all teeth 'cept the two bottom ones---but what can you expect when you eat all the kids cookies?? His diabetes---insulin is hard to come by in the north pole---had given him a neuropathy---he had decreased sensation in his feet and a radial nerve palsy..... His famous trade mark: Occupation in AZ: apparently due to the lack of reindeer he worked on horses, which means several falls to the head---they are not used to pulling the sleigh....

No comments: