Sunday, October 28, 2007

ROOOOAARR!!

So tomorrow when I meet with my 15 year old female patient with suicide ideation I am supposed to be mean. My resident says that its time to push her buttons and get a response out of her, otherwise she'll stay in the facility forever. She really enjoys the psych ward and isn't interested in leaving (possibly a borderline personality disorder) so the resident told me we've got to make her slightly uncomfortable. I have a problem with this.

I suck at being mean. I may think of mean things to say after a fight or during a situation but they never actually come out of my mouth to the person. I can rant and rave about being pissed off at something, but thats as far as it will go. I even have a hard time writing mean things on here! So I've decided that this will probably be more therapeutic for me than for my patient. I've got to push her buttons while hiding my feelings of feeling bad for doing it.

this is not going to be easy........

No comments: